The Ministry of Economy (‘Ministry‘) is responsible for providing efficient and effective economic and financial advice to Government including management of the national economy consistent with the Government’s macroeconomic and financial objectives.
The position reports to the Principal Fleet Management Officer (Government Fleet Management Unit), and assists in facilitating and administering the Government Vehicle Fleet in accordance with the Master Agreement/ Contract on leasing of motor vehicles, and transport instruction and directions.
The principal accountabilities of the position include:
• Assist in ensuring the efficient allocation of leased vehicles to Government Ministries / Departments.
• Ensure that Ministry staff vehicle requirements are met in a timely manner.
• Records are maintained for Whole of Government Fleet.
• Facilitate all vehicle surcharges where necessary.
• Monitor Government Fleet in accordance with applicable regulation, policies and laws.
• Provide timely advice on vehicle matters to senior management.
• Administer and monitor the database of all Government vehicles.
• Monitor the distribution of fuel cards for use in the various Government ministries and departments, and supervise reconciliation of the same.
• Facilitate conducting refresher courses for Government vehicle drivers on a 6 monthly basis in the 3 Divisions (Central, Western and Northern).
• Actively contribute to all corporate requirements of the Ministry, including planning, budgeting and selection activities when required.
Knowledge and Experience
• A Degree in Public Administration / Economics / Accounting or equivalent from a recognized institution.
• At least 2-3 years’ experience managing vehicle fleets in medium-large organisation
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of vehicle procurement / acquisition.
• Demonstrated ability to undertake research and analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet stringent timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise or manage staff.
• Capacity to utilize computer programmes to support the operations of a medium-large organization
• Possess sound communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact well with all stakeholders at all levels.